What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

are there any 24" displays that use USB C for video signal and power delivery?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I have two customers that want a monitor that can be moved around easily, no cable tangle to deal with, so I'm trying to find out if there are any monitors that take the video signal and power through it's USB C connector. it needs to be 22 - 24", but the larger size is preferred.

Izerous

Folding Team
I have seen a bunch of USB-C based monitors but i think they were all larger than 24in nearing the 28in range.

They also had a power delivery limit speced to only 60W making them absolutely pointless for my needs and promptly ignored them. They are also priced ridiculouly.

However quick search on MemEx pops this up as a thunderbolt display https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00112401 with higher power delivery limits. $999 price tag for 24in monitor though.

Marzipan

I have seen a bunch of USB-C based monitors but i think they were all larger than 24in nearing the 28in range.

They also had a power delivery limit speced to only 60W making them absolutely pointless for my needs and promptly ignored them. They are also priced ridiculouly.

However quick search on MemEx pops this up as a thunderbolt display https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00112401 with higher power delivery limits. $999 price tag for 24in monitor though.
thanks Iz. perhaps I'm misunderstanding the context for the USB C power delivery with these, but it sounds like it's more a pass through option so that when you connect your laptop or tablet to the monitor via USB C, it will charge said device. I want the other way around...that if you have said monitor and can connect it to a laptop via USB C and it will be powered via the laptop, whether its on battery power or plugged in.

moocow

I don't think such thing exists. The biggest monitor I seen that's strictly powered by and signal from a USB-C is 15.x inch portable monitor.

Izerous

Folding Team
I don't think such thing exists. The biggest monitor I seen that's strictly powered by and signal from a USB-C is 15.x inch portable monitor.
Yeah the reverse all I have ever seen is smaller glorified 15in tablets.

Again a memex link only because they are local and easy to deal with but might be able to use as reference to find a 24in big brother.

I think par to fit is these are designed to be fully portable when talking this style. The idea of a 24in monitor isn't exactly light and portable.

Marzipan

I think par to fit is these are designed to be fully portable when talking this style. The idea of a 24in monitor isn't exactly light and portable.
true enough...not much demand as my clients needs / circumstances are extremely niche. one things monitor are ugly, so wants to be able to unplug it and hide it away when she doesn't need it. the other has to carry a monitor to conferences where she demonstrates something and her clients don't have the required HW in their rooms to accommodate this...which honestly is super weird. Who ha a conference room with no screen / projector / camera now a days?

any suggestions on 22" / 24" monitors that have USB C for signal input? I don't trust that every display with USB C can...

Marzipan

Cheap organization that's what. They only rig it up for a voice only conference. 50 inch TV x 5 conference room is a lot of money.
true...but my client is handsomly paid by said organization as they just bought $10K in mobile workstation hardware. and if you're so big as to have 5 locations that each have a conference room...stuff like AV costs usually isn't an issue. LoL!

Marzipan

funny there aren't larger options. USB C power delivery is good for up to 100w and 24" displays only use about a quarter of that.

but I do get the whole 25w monitor would suck a laptop battery dry quickly. what about a...combiner? reverse splitter? One USB C connection from a wall wort and one from the laptop and combined into one that goes to the monitor so it gets both the signal and power at the same time?

hmmm...kickstarter anyone? ;)

Latest posts