What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Are there any external TB3 adapters?

Mr. Friendly

just saw this nifty Zotac SFF workstation and one of the two weak points is no TB3 support:

second is the CPU they chose to integrate...it's a bit weak. if Lenovo can stuff a i9-10900T and Quadro T1000 into a 1L P340 Tiny, there should me more than enough space in the 2.65L chassis this Zotac has here.

anyhow, I have a client who's waiting for parts to hit the channel for a top end P340 Tiny and the main part is the TB3 card, which is only available at the factory level. if there's someway to add TB3 support externally, this could be an option for them to consider. the RTX 3000 will do better for their Adobe work than the T1000.

lowfat

Staff member
Not possible. Can't even get Thunderbolt working even if it had a PCIe slot. Thunderbolt support has to be supported on the motherboard itself.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
The only board I know of that's remotely small enough is the one I own. Asrock X570 Phantom tb3. The TB3 does work, although my long searches for a Nvme enclosure with full 40gbps stopped when I didn't have the budget for it. Technically I've not tested it to full speeds, so I can't confirm if it can do 40gbps yet or not.

Regardless though, can he afford am SSD PC based off of it?

Latest posts

Twitter