What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Artifacts on 5970

r0k0

Folding Team
Hey, just later my card started articfacting while playing far cry 3,

its a Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 2GB, stock 725 Core / 1000 Mem OC to 825 Core / 1100 Mem, its under H20 and it doesnt go over 41C on core 1 and 43C on Core 2

i've downclocked it back to stock and still artifacts, ran MSI Kombustor and Core 1 is not going over 88-89% Load while core 2 is at 99-100% like they use to both run at

any input on this ?

here is a screenie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

croy_00

Your cores are nice and cool. Do you know what the rest of the cards temps are at? It's a full block I am assuming? I hope it's not toasted, but it's not looking good.

r0k0

Folding Team
yeah EK Full Nickel / Copper / Plexi

and VDDC Phase hasn't gone over 95C which stock was 115-120C lol at stock clocks

IRQ Conflict

That is strange. I was going to suggest the ram was pooched. Hopefully all is well now. Maybe re-seat the cooler to make sure contact is good?

sswilson

Staff member
Is it still behaving?

I was going to suggest that it might be time for a hail mary attempt by baking. Might be time to keep your eyes open for a replacement though.

Latest posts