What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asetek Sues CoolIt Over Liquid Cooling Patent

Perineum

I don't really understand how they could have gotten a patent for something that people have been doing for quite some time in their own home.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Sometimes it gets frustrating when all this stuff happens. All this suing at the end of the day only hurts the customers in the end. I was getting quite happy at the quality and variety of AIO units. I hope this doesn't hurt it,

-ST

terrybear

Banned
Sometimes it gets frustrating when all this stuff happens. All this suing at the end of the day only hurts the customers in the end. I was getting quite happy at the quality and variety of AIO units. I hope this doesn't hurt it,

-ST
My guess is it will BIGTIME !! they will be able to go after any company for royalties on anything that looks like what there pattent is .. which means they will not only shrink but also start to go back up in price.

Mind ya thought, this could open the market more for vapor chambered coolers though for cpu's.

masterboxbuilder

Substitute processor for engine and has this not been around for 80 + years. In the meantime i have submitted patent approval for circles with square corners and triangles with small screens and offset grid alignment of icons for the future hopes of a lawsuit based on my "innovation"