What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Aspire One d150 CMOS reset

Overclocker~4.1

Ok.. A friend of mine locked out his netbook with a HDD Password. I opened her up to take the battery out.... only to find it was soldered to the mobo. so, can someone show me the jumper points on the board to clear the cmos?

Overclocker~4.1

I really need the help guys... I don't want to have to pay Acer to tell me. not for $60... Would a picture of the motherboard help?

CroSsFiRe2009

Actually they don't tell you how. I locked myself out somehow on my UL50VT Asus and I can't figure out for the life of me the password which doesnt make sense since I use the same p/w for all my computers. Anyways, have you tried calling Acer for a 'masterunlock' key?

Overclocker~4.1

Actually they don't tell you how. I locked myself out somehow on my UL50VT Asus and I can't figure out for the life of me the password which doesnt make sense since I use the same p/w for all my computers. Anyways, have you tried calling Acer for a 'masterunlock' key?
Well, sh*t outta luck. I did alot of searching on the net, only to find out it is unrecoverable. You can clear the Cmos by jumping the contacts for the battery. but, the HDD stores the PW not only on the Main board, but in a secret sector right on the Platters. so the only way you can get the Netbook working again is by getting a new HDD.

As for acer, I talked to them and they want me to pa more then 60 USD every 30 mins to solve the problem.. no, don't think so.

CroSsFiRe2009

Hrm, don't think it would be a secret sector on the hdd, its more likely theres some flash memory that remembers your password so it can't be cleared by resetting the cmos. As for asking acer, thats kind of weird they would charge you 60$ to solve your problem. They should have a free technical support.

Overclocker~4.1

Hrm, don't think it would be a secret sector on the hdd, its more likely theres some flash memory that remembers your password so it can't be cleared by resetting the cmos. As for asking acer, thats kind of weird they would charge you 60$ to solve your problem. They should have a free technical support.
I could post the E-Mail Response. but its 60 bux per 30 minuts.

Latest posts