What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AsrockZ68 Extreme7 - Help

canada2005

Just got my new Asrock Z68 Extreme7 motherboard and I having trouble getting it to post.

I was getting Dr.Debug code 45.

I tried 4x4gb corsair vengence in slots A1+B1+A2+B2=no post
2x4gb B1+B2=no post
2x4gb A1+B1=no post
2x4gb A2+B2=no post
2x4gb A1+A2=post

All this ram was used in my asus p8p67 deluxe with zero problems.

Is this motherboard faulty? Should I RMA?

Edit:Well after a reboot I am still getting code 45 with no changes.

supaflyx3

Make sure the ram works in your other board, you might have killed it while transplanting it.
Although i highly doubt it.

canada2005

Just hooked up the old board on a test bench and all the ram booted up fine. I think I will just save sometime and RMA the board.

Anyone else had problems with their Asrock boards? This is my first board from them, not going well so far:blarg:

sswilson

Staff member
Did you try a single stick to see if it's stable enough to attempt a bios flash? It's possible that there's a newer bios which might address memory stability issues.

canada2005

Well with all the bios freezes, I got the bios updated andrunning smooth with only 1 stick in the A1 slot.

Last edited:

canada2005

In the bios when changing settings it will just randomly freeze. This board has so many problems bios releated it is driving me crazy. I am going to RMA, keyboard and mouse not working now. Seems like I am not the only one having these problems, they are all over the web.