What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus A8R32-MVP Northbridge Temps?

cdn_Madrach

My northbridge is too hot to touch. It never seemed that hot before but not 100% possitive. Since I've gone to WC is it possible the lack of a cpu fan is causing this or is it normal for the Nb to be that hot? Also should I add a small 40mm fan to the Nb cause it has a passive cooler? Would that solve my problem? Thanks in advance.

Babrbarossa

I think we should request a temperature probe for the forum specials this week! Too bad NCIX doesn't carry them :(

Last edited:

Patriote

My northbridge is too hot to touch. It never seemed that hot before but not 100% possitive. Since I've gone to WC is it possible the lack of a cpu fan is causing this or is it normal for the Nb to be that hot? Also should I add a small 40mm fan to the Nb cause it has a passive cooler? Would that solve my problem? Thanks in advance.
Yes. Having Watercooling could be the cause. Might wnat to replace the NB heatsink... Thats what i did when i had my A8R32-MVP Deluxe. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/3864/vid-20/Swiftech_MCX159-CU_Universal_Chipset_Heatsink.html?tl=g40c16s227 This one should fit just perfect. If you can't afford it i geuss that yeah, adding a 40mm Fan over the NB would do the thing. (Thats what im doing)

While your there, you could clean the old *stock* thermal paste and apply some AS5 for better temps. The stock thermal paste they include on any mobo (well, at least, all asus mobos i used to buy) is just simply a joke...

Babrbarossa

The reviews say that they're pretty accurate- I think they're rated for +/-2.5 (F or C?) which is ok- not super, but better than relying on sensors.

Last edited:

Twitter