What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ASUS Announces G-SYNC Version of the VG248QE

zoob

Tried out G-Sync yesterday. It is incredible. I have a new set of Overlord 2B PCBs in hand and now want to dump it for an ASUS W/Gsync... :shok:

Soultribunal

Staff member
Tried out G-Sync yesterday. It is incredible. I have a new set of Overlord 2B PCBs in hand and now want to dump it for an ASUS W/Gsync... :shok:

Is it that much of an Improvement over the standard V-Sync we are used to?

I'm curious only because these monitors are within my price range ironically.

-ST

YukonTrooper

It's v-sync without the input lag and locked FPS at refresh rate divisors (refresh rate can travel with FPS). It also cures other GPU-monitor related stuttering. From every user account thus far, G-Sync is amazing and delivers everything it promises. Totally stoked for this one.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Since I'm sitting on a Crossover 27" currently, with a 2nd monitor just for productivity, I'm going to wait and see on the 2nd iterations of the G-Sync monitors outside the VG248QE. Its a good monitor, but I have to wonder what is being brewed up -with- native G-Sync support.

zoob

YukonTrooper is spot on. Vsync with variable divisor so it syncs for the current fps.

It requires Kepler based cards. I think it said 660 minimum on their website.

Very fluid, zero tearing. Absolutely beautiful.

The asus 24" panel is not that shabby either. Certainly a step down from these 27" ips but colour and angles are among the best I've seen on TN.

I'm at BlizzCon :). Nvidia has a booth here demoing gsync 4k and shield.

AkG

Nvidia has a booth here demoing gsync 4k and shield.

OK....now I've gone from being curious to NV having my attention. That is just perfect. Give me 4K res 30" and Gsync so even with the eye candy cranked all the way up on it, it doesnt look like crap?! NV...shutup and take my money! :haha:

Latest posts