What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus Aura Help Please.

RobBot34

i have an asus hero alpha and i bought some cheapish rgb strips from ebay. both seem to work fine until i enable the music effect. one strip basically strobes blue and the other one is mostly green and neither seem to cycle through the colours as i expected them to. it just seems they dont match the signal well enough for my liking. i can take a video if im not explaining it well enough.

both are plugged in properly and like i said every other effect functions the way it should so basically i just want to know if this is normal or do i need to try some different strips. Im running through hdmi to my yamaha rx-v671 receiver just fyi, dont know if that makes a difference or not.

any info is appreciated, thanks.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Remember that you need to install the ASUS Realtek driver alongside the latest Aura SYNC for it to work properly. Basically both programs need to communicate with one another.

SKYMTL

Staff member
I'm thinking you need to use the onboard sound solution for it to work.

RobBot34

running toslink from my motherboard doesnt make a dfference. does it have to be analog??

SKYMTL

Staff member
It is an internal mobo communication string regardless of what output you choose. Have you tried searching around the Aura application?

RobBot34

right now its basically not rgb when the music effect is enabled and the fact both strips have a different colour tone. im gonna try a phanteks kit and see what happens.

Last edited:

Latest posts