What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus/Benq/Samsung 120 Hz LightBoost TWEAK: Zero motion blur LCD; Looks like CRT!!

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Do you have 3D glasses Lowfat?

So I bought Borderlands 2 yesterday. Played the first and always liked how fluid the shooting/aiming mechanics were. Borderlands 2 stays pinned at 120fps for me and is absolutely blur and jitter free. Amazing to play. I've got the Lightboost set at 30%, I found 10% washed out the colors too much.

I AM LOVING THIS! Thanks MDREHJON for coming in here and telling us. What's really amazing is how our brains can interpret the jaggy, ghosty blurry crap so we have accepted the 60hz LCD experience all these years. Never going back! No more fatigue and headaches.

Edit, going to sell my U2711, keep an eye open.

Bao

That didn't seem to do anything. Still need to hit CTRL+T every time.

That sucks, I followed the instructions all the way to the end. Once you "setup 3D mode" and click exit or whatever, lightboost mode should stay stuck on.

lowfat

Staff member
Do you have 3D glasses Lowfat?

So I bought Borderlands 2 yesterday. Played the first and always liked how fluid the shooting/aiming mechanics were. Borderlands 2 stays pinned at 120fps for me and is absolutely blur and jitter free. Amazing to play. I've got the Lightboost set at 30%, I found 10% washed out the colors too much.

Edit, going to sell my U2711, keep an eye open.

No 3D glasses. And since this monitor doesn't have the emitter it bugs out hard when you start a game. If I would have known this I would have went w/ a display w/ the emitter.

I am finding a single Titan insufficient for the detail I am use too. Even w/ the drop in resolution it isn't enough. I often drop to 60FPS or even lower during some games. :blarg:

And everything looks washed out on this display. If I did any sort of photo editing I most definitely wouldn't want to use this.

Bao

No 3D glasses. And since this monitor doesn't have the emitter it bugs out hard when you start a game. If I would have known this I would have went w/ a display w/ the emitter.

I am not having those issues (VG248QE). The updated method to make it work is going perfectly fine for me. I wonder what's causing problems on your end. In the past I had to mash CTRL+T to make things work and stuff, it was so annoying, I just switched back to normal 144hz mode.

Until I came across that ToastyX method.

lowfat

Staff member
I'm a definite convert now. Downgrading in resolution hasn't been a problem. In areas where I can maintain 120Hz, Lightboost makes a huge difference. It truly is like gaming on a CRT again. I really can't wait till we start seeing IPS panels that take advantage of frame matched backlight strobing.

Inik

Folding Team
I'm soo tempted to try it, but it would mean I need to replace that 7970! What is you GPU set up guys ? Could I be satisfied by one 680 only?

Last edited by a moderator:

lowfat

Staff member
I'm soo tempted to try it, but it would mean I need to replace that 7970! What is you GPU set up guys ? Could I be satisfied by one 680 only?

Look at the Samsung displays. The strobe backlight can be used w/ whatever GPU including AMD.

Inik

Folding Team
Bah, I might as well go for the asus LCD and be done with it lol

Latest posts