What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

asus boards

rogue woopa

im looking at the rampage 3 extreme and the p6x58D

the R3E has an 8+3+3+3 power design and the p6x58D has a 16+2

looks like the p6 would get a higher stable clock (with that info but... the r3e has dual 8 pin power plugs
so whats more important extra power or more comtroled power.

the p6 is a hundred dollars cheaper now i don't know if its because its 3 way instead of 4 way or what.

does anyone have more info on the 2 both have usb 3.0 and sata 6g/s.

fishingfanatic

CPUs and Motherboards

If you're an extreme overclocker who likes benchmarking everything, then RIII. I own the P6X58D-E. It has a better chipset for gaming,... and is even cheaper than the premium. Overclocking on this board is a breeze, and who needs 2 rj 45 ports anyway. Great board!
:thumb::biggrin:

Chromey

I have the P6X58D-Prem.

Installed a 930 and set it to 4.2 Ghz in 30 Secs.

After fine tuning im running 4.4 Ghz 1.32V ITB 20 Cycles Clear.

The P6X58D Boards Are great boards and Under priced if you ask me.

Zero82z

Banned
Technically, the Rampage III has better voltage regulation circuitry. Practically, it doesn't make a bit of difference. I'd go with the P6X58D. The Rampage III isn't worth the extra cost.

Biff73

im looking at the rampage 3 extreme and the p6x58D

the R3E has an 8+3+3+3 power design and the p6x58D has a 16+2

looks like the p6 would get a higher stable clock (with that info but... the r3e has dual 8 pin power plugs
so whats more important extra power or more comtroled power.

the p6 is a hundred dollars cheaper now i don't know if its because its 3 way instead of 4 way or what.

does anyone have more info on the 2 both have usb 3.0 and sata 6g/s.
This is a no brainer:haha:Asus always put in the best technologies & features for their ROG but not main stream mobo,of course the Rampage 3 extreme is the better mobo:punk:

dustin1706

If you want to Overclock, go with the Rampage III. The dual bios's are awesome, and if you have a smartphone or net/notebook the ROG connect allows you to make bios (voltages and bclk) changes directly to the bios while you are running windows which is sweet.

Biff73

I fogot to mention Rampage Extreme also has ML Caps which allows higher voltage,heat resistance & up to 3 times cycle time compared to normal caps on normal mobos,also Extreme tweaker is a very detailed bios exclusive only to ROG Mobos.

Chromey

All good points about the ROG boards.

Ive owned 2 now And loved them, BUT...Unless your a Crazy OCer Its a waste IMO.

Im able to get 4.4Ghz out of my Asus P6 board, To me thats not bad for a Stable Everyday OC, And its almost Half the Cost of the RE3.

Latest posts

Twitter