What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus Dark Hero + 5950x - pre purchase question

crazyea

So I’m teetering on the edge of buying an Asus Dark Hero and a 5950x but before I do, I’m wondering about stability.

I have heard of USB disconnects and Ram issues.

Can anyone speak to this? Have these issues been ironed out?

Im used to Intel stability and I’m worried about possible issues popping up.

Jokester

I haven't really had those issues, but I know the recent bios from asus addressed this.

I jumped back to AMD and haven't had any stability issues. Seems about the same.

Solace

Latest bios solves issues,
I also had some issues with VM's running which seemed to have gone away since the most recent bios as well for the x570 platform. Seems like a unintentional fix as well. The VM's were hanging randomly and required to be restarted (I believed it to be RAM related and dissapeared since the more recent BIOS)

JD

Staff member
No stability issues on my 5950X/AORUS Xtreme. My USB has been fine throughout, though it's only my keyboard/mouse and UPS. Recent AGESA has been focused on fixing USB anyhow too.

What are the RAM issues? Is that unique to the Dark Hero?

Lysrin

I had some input from the guys on here when I was considering the recent 5900X and GB B550 board that were for sale on the BST. I drove myself nuts doing research on the USB issues. In the end I decided not to upgrade, but not really for that issue. More just because I didn't "need" (whatever that means...) it right now and couldn't convince myself to just buy it for fun!

In my research there are still some USB issues out there but AMD believes the fix is included in the latest AGESA and many people, even with complex USB device set ups, have had the issue resolved by updating to their motherboard's latest BIOS with the new AGESA.

It caused me a little pause for sure because I run a lot of flight sim gear from USB, and an DAC/AMP. Random disconnects in any of those devices would drive me bonkers. But in my research it seems a very high likelihood that the problem has been resolved.

Also you have lots of comments here saying they haven't seen the issue at all so that helps!

In addition even if you do run into the issue there are workarounds online for how to resolve it but some of them involved disabling PCIe 4 or similar fixes.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
so far i havent had many issues with my build i was surprised this kit of ram worked with my build heard same issues as you crazyea.

Latest posts