What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus Dark Hero + 5950x - pre purchase question

crazyea

My son just got a 5800x and b550 vision d-p. It's working pretty good so far. No issues to report. The only thing that I don't like is that we cant view individual core temps. Plus it was nice on Asus that you could disable the onboard mb led's and qcodes. The bios is actually much improved from the last time we tried a gigabyte board. For me though, I'll stick with Asus and probably wait for the next intel release. I thought about it a lot and I just don't think I need anything more than I have at the moment.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
aye i built this beast as its more then ill need for a few years and DDR5 is around the corner so if first gen is following same path that every gen has since dawn of time then ill wait till its matured a lil bit and pcie gen 6 to upgrade.

gingerbee

I have 6 ryzen pc ranging from 2 b350 with 1700 that don't have updated bios on them and they are100% stable and not one USB issue and a b450 with 3600x its been perfect lastly 3x570 tuff with 5900x/3900x and a 2200g and none have had a single issue all x570/b450 boards have update Bios.

just saying so you can see a range of Ryzen CPU/Boards and no problems the only problem I ever had turned out to be a bad stick of gskill, besides that all 100% stable

HWinfo you can see temps for CCD and with Ryzen master, I think you can see individual core temps, I don't overclock so I don't use it

crazyea

I use core temp and it has zero issues showing all cores temps individually.
Weird. We installed Hardware monitor, HWInfo, and coretemp and none of them show the cores individually. Only a single cpu temp. Same behavior before and after a fresh install as well. Plus in the bios the cpu shows 31c and in windows the cpu temps show 50c. CPU is under a CORSAIR iCUE H100i ELITE. We mounted it 3x and no change either.

gingerbee

HWinfo doesn't show each core it will give you the CCD temps, I think only Ryzen master gives out each core temp and I could be wrong on that have had it installed in a while
see here below the Tdie there is die then the CCD temps.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-14 105056.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-14 105056.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 4

gingerbee

oh ya it threw me at first that's how I ended up with Ryzen master, I thought I need to watch every core but with Ryzen it seems fine just tracking the CCD which makes sense with the way there engineered/built