What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus Dark Hero x570 OC Help

Shadowarez

Folding Team
thats what i always thought but various videos from gamers nexus have made me question this.
from all iv seen people are getting better results with 4 sticks over 2.

i have this 128gb kit and i have a 32gb 4x8 of gskil royal 3200mhz. andi have a another royal kit thats 32gb 2x16gb but has 3600mhz and CL 14.

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Where are you seeing that people are getting better results over clocking with 4 sticks?

Are you confusing dual rank (two sides of ram per stick) with dual channel (two pair of ram, or four sticks) perhaps?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I'll see if can find the gamers nexus video where they explicitly shows 4 sticks was better over all.

2 vs 4 sticks
Unless I completely missed the actual meaning l. Which could be Case.

sswilson

Staff member
I'll see if can find the gamers nexus video where they explicitly shows 4 sticks was better over all.

2 vs 4 sticks
Unless I completely missed the actual meaning l. Which could be Case.

If you read through the comments you'll see that the discussion turns to the number of ranks as opposed to number of sticks. (The first reply from GN refers to this as well).

I'll bet if you check your memory kits you'll find that the 4X8GB set is comprised of single rank sticks while the 2X16GB stands a good chance of being dual rank thus each set is a total of 4 ranks. That said.... I suspect the CL 14 @ 3600 stands the best chance of kicking the most arse dual rank or not.... :)

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Ssw has it.
all else being equal, dual rank x2 sticks should be the same performance as single rank x4 sticks.

...Except historically it's easier to get two sticks stable when overclocking

Latest posts

Twitter