What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ASUS Dual GTX 480 "MARS II" Graphics Card Spotted

AkG

I personally hope they go with a CoolIT product and water cool (or even wc + TEC) the SOB. Thats the only way I can think of to keep something like that cool'ish....unless they stick about 10lbs of copper and a pair of san ace's on it!

_dangtx_

Banned
dual gf100 fermis is possible, on a more serious note but too much of a pain

on the other paw, id love to see a full blown dual gf104 pcb unit.

MpG

Should be interesting to see what the pricing is. Asus' Mars/Ares stuff so far as have all been pretty brutally disproportionate in their pricing, so this likely won't be any different.

And as funny as the power requirements will likely be, there's really not going to be anything that a GTX480 SLI system doesn't see. The only real challenge will be the cooling.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Not enough power....

I can see it now...only 450 Watts from the 3 8-pins and 75 from PCIe, that's only 525 watts. That's not enough power for two of these GPUs. Let's look at an individual GTX 480. 225 Watts from 6+8-pins, and 75 from PCIe per card = 600 Watts for two GPUs. Hmmmm.... And what about the cost of this thing? I'm thinking $2000 (US). And also, 4 slot cooling FTW. Well, unless you're gonna watercool it. Then just 2 slots. :)

sswilson

Staff member
Let's keep it on topic folks, and please keep in mind that comments directed towards individual posters can be seen as attacking the poster, especially when prefaced with "off topic, but....... ".

Lpfan4ever

Pretty impressive piece of engineering. Although I have my doubts it will be available for under $1200.
Just wow. ASUS will do anything I guess.

And isn't the price for the ARES over $1200? If so, this thing it going to be even more retarded, and could get worse depending on the cooling solution they have to come up with.

Latest posts