What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ASUS Focuses On ZenFone Zoom Smartphone

Lysrin

Not sure if the zoom aspect is a gimick or not but otherwise it is a pretty impressive spec sheet. What about the Intel proc though? Is that a good proc or is it one of those cases where it might be clocked seemingly high but not perform all that well. I haven't kept up with Intel's offerings in this field.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I haven't either to be honest. The Atoms are relatively capable but against the newest Snapdragons, etc.....not sure.

Vittra

It's Bay Trail (22nm), but the 3590 is a recent - likely just binned - release. The lower end chip has been out for quite some time.

Cherry Trail is newer (14nm), more power efficient, but more importantly has a better GPU if you are planning on playing games, it's a better contender to the snapdragon stuff. Not sure why Asus went this route, it probably allowed them to achieve the price point they were targeting.

JD

Staff member
I got my dad the ZenFone 2 with 2GB ram last year, it's really quite responsive and the battery lasts him a few days (he really only does texting on it). It's still holding up well, he's a mechanic so it sits on his workbench and sees it's fair share of dirt.

So no apparent issues with the Atom compared to Snapdragon... it surely isn't perceivable.

belgolas

We have been at the point where it doesn't matter anymore for CPU performance in phones for awhile unless you game on your phone. Pretty much every phone can do 4k video and smooth web browsing. Again just like with PC's gaming and niche tasks like video editing are what is pushing hardware limits.

D

Dark Knight

So is this possibly the Zenfone 3 that I have been hearing about with USB-C?

Tomal

It's RAM 4GB its good but it's looking is not nice. I have a Samsung Grand Prime like this mode. It's looking very good & this one is less than the price.