What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ASUS GTX 670 DCU Mini

great_big_abyss

This reduction in size makes it perfect where portability is key, such as a LAN system, or small size such as a home theater PC.

Quoted directly from the website you posted.

HTPC's are being asked more and more to render frames in-game. They're being used as console replacements. Granted, they often don't need as much power as their desktop counterparts (less pixels on a TV compared to high end, large monitors), but still, a modicum of power is necessary.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm tempted to drop a 660Ti into my wife's mITX Sugo and turn it into a living room gamer with wireless controllers, so this appeals to me. :thumb:

Keltron 3030

HTPC's are being asked more and more to render frames in-game. They're being used as console replacements. Granted, they often don't need as much power as their desktop counterparts (less pixels on a TV compared to high end, large monitors), but still, a modicum of power is necessary.

Very true, but the same argument could be said about high performance ITX boards; while they CAN be marketed to the HTPC crowd, it will be the enthusiast that purchases this product.

For a HTPC, I would say something along the performance level of the AMD HD 7700-series is probably good enough, almost overkill.

Soultribunal

Staff member

Lets be realistic though GBA.....if you are dropping in a 670 for Home theatre you are going beyond overkill.

I think this is more aimed at portable SFF builds.

-ST

great_big_abyss

Lets be realistic though GBA.....if you are dropping in a 670 for Home theatre you are going beyond overkill.

I think this is more aimed at portable SFF builds.

-ST

I dunno...at 1080P with ALL the eye candy turned to Max, I think a 670 is an appropriate card.

moocow

Interesting card. But if you cram it inside that Lian Li case (looks like a PQ-11), I wonder about thermal issues because it seem a bit dangerous to run a high end CPU in such case. However, if you use something like a PQ-08, it would allow all 6 HDD and a nice gaming card.

Latest posts

Twitter