What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus P8Z77-V LE boot problem/power.

freeloader1969

This issue is weird and would love to hear from anyone else who has had a similar problem and possibly solution.

If my system is switched off from the power supply for any length of time, my system will not boot back up unless I disconnect the ATX 24 pin plug and plug it back in with the power switch on. Obviously I don't like to do this as I'm playing with fire as far as I'm concerned. The funny thing is, as long as the power switch is never turned off or the power cord disconnected, the system will reboot and restart as necessary.

Specs...

Asus P8Z77-V LE
I7 3770 (stock frequency)
G.Skill 1600mhz CL7 DDR3 2x8GB
Sapphire TriX Radeon R9 290.
1TB WD HD.
128GB SSD
Windows 10
DVD drive.
Corsair 750TX psu.

Nothing is overclocked.

I changed over to a EVGA 1000w Gold certified psu and the problem still persists.

Suggestions please. :)

sweenytodd

Try booting one stick of RAM at a time? Run like bare bone, boot with only one ram, boot drive only and no gpu. From there, isolate the problem if anything comes up.

sswilson

Staff member
Just to be sure.... the 24 pin is straight from the PSU into the motherboard? It's not in a case like the Cosmos S that had a an adapter/extender for the capacitive power switch?

If not, it maybe the "power good" (or whatever the official name for the contacts we short to run a PSU without connecting to a motherboard is) connectors aren't making proper contact when they're fully seated, but manage to make a good enough contact during the insertion process? That's wayyyyy out there, but you never know when it's one of these weird symptom snags.

freeloader1969

Just to be sure.... the 24 pin is straight from the PSU into the motherboard? It's not in a case like the Cosmos S that had a an adapter/extender for the capacitive power switch?

If not, it maybe the "power good" (or whatever the official name for the contacts we short to run a PSU without connecting to a motherboard is) connectors aren't making proper contact when they're fully seated, but manage to make a good enough contact during the insertion process? That's wayyyyy out there, but you never know when it's one of these weird symptom snags.
Yes, 24 pin straight to motherboard. Case is a Corsair 300R.

hammerhead44

Hi freeloader. I cam across this post as I have run into the very same problem with a P8Z77-V board. Have you found a solution or did you replace the motherboard?

Thanks.

KaptCrunch

hammer what bios version you at ? 1104 for freeloader model

check MB caps are not bulged

TTC

I have this mobo. My stupid pc does this as well. Eventually If I unplug the power and leave it it will come on.l

KaptCrunch

can check the cmos chip is seated good Note: is marked or notched on one end of chip to index with the socket # 1 pin

caution to static charge when handling chip pins

Twitter