What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus PG35VQ and Asus Xonar Essence STX regarding displayport

baka101

Hi all

I made sure to search the forums for "displayport" didn't find anything relating to this.
Ok just got Asus PG35VQ monitor its input is displayport and out from Gigabyte Geforce 1080GTX Founders Edition. I have always been running sound through my PCI EXPRESS Asus Xonar Essence STX soundcard since the beginning with my previous dvi sdr Benq monitor. Now being the PG35VQ choice is Displayport to get the 1440p resolution the reason I bought it for, both the audio and video pass from GPU to monitor, I have to plug in headphones or speakers into monitor.
So my question is can I have it the old way and still run sound purely through my Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card but still have the video pass through displayport from gpu to monitor. I believe the Asus Xonar Essence STX 1 is an analog card not digital like STX2.

Thanks so much

lowfat

Staff member
Under Control Panel, Sound, just disable the montior and set your Essence as the default device. Shouldn't require anything beyond that. However every single time you update Nvidia drivers you'll need to do it again. Even if you chose to not install the audio drivers from the package, it will do the same thing. Its rather annoying.

supaflyx3

You can disable the monitor in device manager under audio devices, should carry over with driver updates

baka101

Thanks guys for responses I will try all these tonight, if no dice I will be back.

baka101

Brillant lowfat and supaflyx3 thanks to you both, I have sound from soundcard as I used to be able to.

Twitter