What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ASUS Rampage II Gene LGA1366 mATX Motherboard Review Comment Thread

Longhaul444

Ok thanks, as this is my first build involving liquid, I just want to make sure I do it right. The case will have 6 fans total, and the room temp where I keep my computers (nothing but comps in this room) never gets above 75* F during the day, and they are turned off at night so in the morning it's like 68 in there. Also I some times open the one window I have and use a window fan to blow outside the warm air inside the room if its above 45 outside. The case I have now my temps are listed below:

These are *C
ACPI 29-31
CPU 35-39 (All 4 cores)
HDD 37-40 (5 HDD installed)
Video 63-65 (Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX/9800 GTX+):angry2:

These are with 3 fans in a mid tower case (1 case fan, 1 cpu fan, 1 psu fan). I don't overclock my system as I plan on doing that with the liquid. Also I clean my case once a week, as we have alot of inhouse dust even using a filtrete gold filter. My only concern would be I guesss if these are acceptible temps. I am concerned about the video temps, but maybe that will drop once I have the new case and a different card, as I don't have a fan blowing on the video card. But the card does have a fan built in, and it blows hot air out the back. I guess maybe I'm being a little paranoid on this, but with the money that was spent on this new rig (wife almost put me out) I just don't want to mess up my first LC rig. I should have everything put together by fri, if UPS and FedEx don't get lost. I would rather use DHL as they never lost any packages (UPS lost 2 packages from Tiger Direct back in november), but got my fingers crossed. I will let you know what the temps are when it's finally up and running. 1 quick question tho, is there something better out there to monitor the temps, as I use SIW right now.

Longhaul444

OK gang, Finally got everything up and running. Took me 4 hours to get everythinginstalled and running. Temps with Liquid Cooled are as follows:

I have it oc'd at the i7 965 settings. I'm thinking about an adapter for the gpu.

CPU 44-48 C
GPU 53:sad:
HDD 30-40 (5 HDD)

I'm not sure about a breakin period, soooo I'm hoping it will drop once the thermal compound sets in. Also have an AeroCool 2000 Touch screen installed in the case also, to give me the temps.

Twitter