What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming Review Comment Thread

Dwayne

I think the lack of comments on this product, and thread, speaks volumes about the platform pricing itself outside of interest of hardware enthusiasts. And that says something about folks who will spend $1000 on a graphics card!

Last edited:

Lysrin

Yeah true. I have to admit, enjoyed the review (should have commented that at least) but I honestly just didn't know what to say. It's a nice motherboard for a platform I'm still not sure I should get into. Dunno... I am honestly finding it really challenging right now to decide which way to point my money if I were to do a CPU/motherboard/RAM upgrade in the next 6-8 months.

Keep the reviews coming though!

Bartacus

I'm glad I went Ryzen. Intel has been doing so many stupid things in the past few years, and GREASY things too. It started with the PCIE lane crippling on X99, and it's only gotten worse. I am SO glad AMD finally brought a competitive option to the table. If AMD keeps on track, I will never buy another Intel CPU / motherboard again. I seriously hope Intel suffers huge losses (even though I know that won't happen). I would REALLY enjoy seeing that company suffer, as penance for their disgusting actions. But I know deep down that won't happen. Still, it's nice to dream. :biggrin:

EDIT: even though I didn't read the review, I have the utmost faith in Hardware Canucks reviewers. I've read enough of them to see the pattern of exceptionally high quality.

Very few people are going for X299. Even fewer will go for anything but the cheapest MB (RAIDER/TUF M2). All those loaded MBs are targeting very small circles of buyers. No audience, no interest.

Bao

Unrelated, but HEY! Any confirmation that 8c/16T consumer i7 will be compatible with the soon to be launched Z370?

Bao

Precisely!

They are being cheeky monkeys.

But clearly for gaming (frame times/minimum FPS scores > worst case scenarios), still favours Intel. Even with two less cores, I can almost predict that a i7-8700k would be "better" for me than my 1800x at 3.94 Ghz.

Bummer that the 8C/16T path will probably require a new motherboard. 6C/12T at 5GHZ sounds great though! (Let's hope the avg OC is over 4.8GHZ :D )

Latest posts