What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus' ROG vs Dell's Alienware

Which Laptop Series Do You Prefer?

• Asus' Republic Of Gamers

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Dell's Alienware

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Avenger212

Here's the story. My friend had asked me for the best gaming laptop that is under $2000 CAD or AUD (exchange rate is 1:1 so currency is not an issue). So I said that Asus' ROG series, but my other annoying friend answered its Dell's Alienware. So in order to finish this argument once and for all I said let the HWC community decide. Who do you vote for Asus' ROG or Dell's Alienware series.:ph34r:

Edit: I just found out he is choosing between this two laptops.

ROG
Welcome to Republic Of Gamers! G74SX

Alienware
Alienware M14x Laptop Details | Dell Australia

Your votes will correspond to the Laptop selected below. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

GT7R

From personal experience Dell's customer service is superior, but when it comes to choosing a product, (usually) I look and judge the specific models I'm looking for, and not buying (or not buying) just because of the brand.
Maybe if you'll add some models to choose from that we'll be able to help you decide :)

martin_metal_88

Dell. Better service, better quality ( to my experience ) and also to my experience, When a Asus laptop go in repair, it usually come back not fixed.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member

FreeKnight

I've had both an ASUS G73 and a few years ago a Dell 'Gaming' Laptop. In all honesty, I found Dell an absolute nightmare to deal with and the laptop was terrible for a 2000$ laptop. I can't speak to ASUS' customer service since I haven't had to use it yet, but getting the 1 year accidental damage warranty was a piece of cake (and free!).

I'd sooner go with a G74 with one HDD and throw an SSD in the other spot. I'm doing that with my G73 right now and it's running just about everything I send at it at max or really high settings.

dustin1706

In my experience, Dell has significantly better build quality and service. However, you pay a lot for that glowing alien. Get a Dell XPS...

I agree with freeknight in that you should just get one with HDDs and then buy your own SSD(cheaper+likely a better model) and format/install it sans bloatware.

Avenger212

I thank you all for the responses and also Sky for the HWC review links. After reading the response and the reviews my friend decided on Alienware. Finally! He needs more gaming power for his budget.

Edit: Sorry type the wrong thing.
Again thank you all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter