What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero ATX Motherboard ''Issue'' ( possible solution for lack of hdmi o displayport)

Yasshamaru

Hello, I bought this motherboard for my brother as a gift but when we were assembly all the parts at the end i reallyze that this board dont have any HDMI or DISPLAYPORT connection so... we are in trouble, i was searching for things that can help us to connect the desktop to a monitor with an usb C to HDMI cablle or a USB 3.0 to hdmi adapter but i dont really now if those things could really work. and for the time being i dont have the money to buy a graphics card so could you help me whit a solution for this please ?

those are the links of the cables that i was seraching just in case if you wonder what im talking about.

Thank you for your time reading this and sorry for my english .

sswilson

Staff member
The first one "might" work as it looks like it's just a straight up USB 3 video card, the second one (and every other USB C adapter I've looked at) claims to require "USB 3.1 Gen 2 with DP Alt Mode" which I'm pretty sure requires some kind of pre-existing video capabilities thus wouldn't work.

Seriously though... if you're going to run a Ryzen processor, you need a video card of some form. I can see from your IP that you're not local so I'd recommend looking through whatever online used PC marketplace you've got locally.

moocow

Which CPU are you pairing this motherboard with? Only the G series CPU have onboard GPU otherwise you will need to plug a GPU in.

EDIT: just realize my answer is dumb because the motherboard don't have any display output so a G series chip wouldn't matter anyway.

Last edited:

Yasshamaru

He has a ryzen 5 3600x so.. we need a grapichs card, could you suggest a cheap one for the moment and another one for future he play games like fornite, overwatch in a 1080p display

moocow

There's no such thing as cheap GPU these days. If you can find an old RX 570, RX 580, GTX 1060, or GTX 1070 may tie him over but even their used prices are inflated. For example, a RX 580 8GB was selling new for $180 CAD in March 2020 and now it's close to $300 new. As the result, the used market are above $200 for that card which is 2 generation old. If he just need to use the computer without any gaming, even an old GTX 960 or GTX 950TI would do.

sswilson

Staff member
GT 1030 variants are pretty much the only "current" video card that can be reliably recommended these days as a basic card available for close to MSRP (due to stock issues). There are older models that will work (gt 710, etc....) but they typically come with early versions of HDMI/Displayport and thus have some issues with certain higher refresh rates.

edit: Sorry I missed the reference to gaming. Moocow's recommendations are pretty decent if that's the case, but as he stated, it's a terrible market for buyers these days.

Last edited:

djbrad

sswilson is right. If not going with the used market, a new Geforce 1030 is around 120-130$

gingerbee

you could always go used cheap route you just need to make sure its a legit used card show check the reviews techyescity buys used from ali all the time with no problems, something along with the link I posted, a gtx 960 would hold him over just fine for 1080p he might not have it on high setting but it will work. always good to have more options but they also might take longer to get to you depends where you are

Latest posts

Twitter