What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ASUS Ryzen Crosshair VI Hero AM4 & AM3 Support

EmptyMellon

turtletrax

Banned
Another great, yet simple idea. Cooler/water block manufacturers must get sick of being asked "when is your new backplate and mounting setup going to be released".

yycraven

Yea that is why I ordered the Asus VI Hero board. Nice to see Asus doing that. Not sure if the other boards have it or not.

EmptyMellon

Yea that is why I ordered the Asus VI Hero board. Nice to see Asus doing that. Not sure if the other boards have it or not.
Yah, that ASUS VI Hero board looks nice, plus what appeals to me is all those USB ports on the back I/O; none of the other manufactures come even close. Although Gigabyte's AORUS boards also appeal to me from the physical on-the-board connectors: U.2, 2x USB 3.0 (for the CASE and a card reader). But because of the "GAMING" moniker slapped on the board, it is a no go for my workstation, hopefully they'll come out with a similar UD board (or rather none "GAMING").

D

Dark Knight

I don't know if this will be standard for other manufacturers, but ASUS' Ryzen Crosshair VI Hero motherboard has holes for both AM4 and AM3 back plates. So existing owners of AMD's AM3 set ups (or older coolers with AM3 only brackets) can transition with style:

https://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/articles/2017/02/24073053714l.jpg

Source: https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_ryzen_rog_am4_crosshair_vi_hero_preview/1

I remember ASUS did something similar when they released the Rampage III Extreme. It had both mounting bracket holes for LGA775 and LGA1366.

Eisbrecher

Yeah that is a great feature to have. I want to put together a Ryzen setup and am happy to know I can use one of my old cpu blocks on it. I really hope they release a Crosshair Formula with watercooling features on the board.

Latest posts