What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ASUS TUF RTX 3080

deinosaur

Hey everyone,

I am out of the loop with hardware these days. I was able to snag an RTX 3080 from ASUS the TUF edition during holidays. I know Nvidia raised prices on the retail price, but what are these currently going for used? I did buy it brand new from Canada Computers when I purchased it. Still have receipt.

Also, lets say I sold it ... is the card I downgrade to going to be marked up making the sale kind of pointless? Some advice from ppl in the loop would be nice. Is it a good time to sell it or should I hold onto it? I am not desperate for cash right now but I don't really play games that use this much power. I am running it on a 1440p Predator XB3 270hz monitor.

draemn

it takes a lot of GPU to hit 240 fps at that resolution, so I'd think that any downgrade would mean being significantly lower than the max refresh rate of your monitor. Right now, all GPUs are selling way over MSRP on the open market, so there are no deals to be had except getting lucky to buy it from a store close to MSRP.

sswilson

Staff member
I would suggest looking at it the other way.... if you decide you do want to downgrade, go shopping and buy the replacement first and then sell the 3080. What you have to pay for a replacement card will determine if it makes sense to downgrade.

crazyea

Or offer a trade and see if there is someone with the card you want willing to move up. But if you are looking to profit it may not be the best idea.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I would suggest looking at it the other way.... if you decide you do want to downgrade, go shopping and buy the replacement first and then sell the 3080. What you have to pay for a replacement card will determine if it makes sense to downgrade.
Or alternatively there are lots of people looking to upgrade by trading their 3060/70 +cash, for a 3080.

deinosaur

Thanks everyone. Ill just keep it as I am past the return date of my monitor. It would have to go too as the 3080 isnt even doing 240-270 on any games.