What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus Xonar DX weird sound

biff

I got a couple of these cards for the HT and garage as a cheap step up from onboard but I'm not so impressed yet. they are both doing this weird volume thing, when the song has a loud part they increase the volume, not a lot but noticable. I'm an audiophile and design/build my own gear but even my GF who has no idea looked at me and asked what's wrong with the volume. So when listening to a song it sounds like someone is constantly turning the volume knob, worst is it's a bit delayed from the song so just sounds strange. I confirmed both cards are doing the same thing, and the problem doesn't exist when using onboard so definitely an issue with the DX's.

I've looked throught the settings and can't find anything that seems related. Is there a way to turn this off or is it hard coded?

Shadowmeph

the only issue I have had with that card ( years ago) was in Linux and having to always compile the driver. hell I actually accidently snapped off one of the caps on the card and it still worked great

Latest posts

Twitter