What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus Z690 Hero boards catching fire

Bond007

Update: edit below the video for ASUS response.

I am not one for the rumour mill, but just in case anyone is sporting this new board:

EDIT: ASUS has officially responded that it is a backwards capacitor causing the issue. See the statement at the link below. If the positive side of the cap under the debug LED goes to the right, you are good. If the positive side is on the left, leave it off.

Last edited:

r0k0

Folding Team
great... just finished building and started testing it.... kinda afraid to start it now....

crazyea

Ok. Canceled my order for the mb cpu ram. The mb and ram was a bundle so no choice there. I saw a lot of reports so I really don’t want to take a chance. Will look at other mb and go from there.

Bond007

Nice find r0k0. Fingers crossed that is the issue. Easy for people people to confirm issues and verify if they should feel safe with their board.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
always avoid first gen of new DDR Spec, new PCie Spec New arch in over 20 yrs, that is asking for issues, as much as wed like to think they do this during the design phase remember this goes out to board partners who think how much can we get away with cheeping on parts to make more $$$$ they go from less then dollar store quality to unobtanium materials to squeeze as much $ as they can in both segments.

youd hope theyd come across this in testing or quality control.

gingerbee

so it seems buildziod has found the problem and its a capacitor put on the board backward

wondering if anyone heard about these smoking monitors from Acer

Latest posts