What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

asusp7p55D-E pro memory detection

car-man666

my asus p7p55D-E pro in the bios reconnyses only 2 mg of ram on my kingston hyperx khx1600c9d3k2/4gx, win 7 see the missing ram but say it can't be used, how do you fix that,please kinda frustating

_dangtx_

Banned
one at a time, load bios defaults,save and reboot. pop the other one in. shut down , power up. see what gives.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
If you have swapped the memory around and it still gives the same problem, it's probably a defective memory slot. dangtx is suggesting you boot one stick at a time to make sure the memory itself isn't defective.

_dangtx_

Banned
that or mobo being picky with that particular set. i have a giga board that doesnt see all the sticks presently in use there unless i go one by one. dont ask, dont tell=it works. :)

_dangtx_

Banned
cool. let us know how it turns out. drop by the folding forums, as well, if you like :)

car-man666

well finely, i got the time to try one at atime and now win7 recon my 4 gb of ram, thanks DANGTX picky my mombo but i does the job.... problem solved

Latest posts