What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

At a loss

bojangles

For some crazy reason I ad a similar problem, but my HDD was the issue. It was terribly damaged somehow and every time I would boot the computer it would freeze when it checked the SATA ports during POST. I bought a Raptor and it solved my problems...

Try a different HDD as well. Perhaps there's something wrong with that.

360Sagacious

That's another reason I might think it"s the CPU. It gets high temps in idle and it won't let me overclock it. This motherboard is brand new and I had the same prob with my last board which also was fairly new. So that"s why i don't think it's the motherboard or cmos prob.

360Sagacious

I already tried 2 other hard drives with the same results and my hard drive works on my wife's computer as well. I'm going to do a test outside the case tomorrow and see what happens and go from there.

cadaveca

Banned
Using the stock cooler? sometimes the stock cooler will bend the board so much that it will cause boot issues...try reseating the cpu.

360Sagacious

Actually I'm not using a stock cooler but it does give me an idea. Maybe it is bending the board like you say.I'll look into it. But then again how does it explain that I have to reset cmos to get it to boot after i turn it off and on again?

Twitter