What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ATI Tool using lots of cpu usage

miggs78

I'm having sort of an issue.. Every time I load ATI Tool, it starts using around 50-55% cpu usage, and the icon on the taskbar near the clock keeps saying loading..

System Specs in the sig, although it's not air cooled but water cooled.

Graphics card with a FC EK block, cpu with a d-tek fuzion v1 and the RAM is G-skill 4GB PC8500 RAM..

Gellidius

when i have a program that does not run well, i always reinstall it.

maybe it will work for you.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Sounds like it is running in the background but not being brought up on the screen. I had the same issue when trying to load it on one of my computers running XP a few months ago and I was never able to diagnose the problem.

Does FurMark also not load?

miggs78

Sounds like it is running in the background but not being brought up on the screen. I had the same issue when trying to load it on one of my computers running XP a few months ago and I was never able to diagnose the problem.

Does FurMark also not load?
Hey SKY.. I'll try it out, I actually had tried an OCCT video card stress test, ran for like 15mins.. since card is water cooling, the temps thru hwmonitor didn't rise a lot, although a feel from the back of the pcb, seemed like the card really got hot.. and then pc restarted.. That really sounds the problem, could be something not making proper contact, warp or something with the block too..

Although, I've had it in a loop for at least 2 months, played COD4 heavily (couple hours straight) other games like fifa 09, makes no difference to the card, works flawlessly. I'll try run couple runs for 3dmark05 to see if it works.. The temps on the card is pretty darn good too.. Attached a temps screen from gpu-z..

Also the card gets hot around the circled area, the voltage regulator chips.. although they have thermal pads... somewhere there.. hopefully if I get a chance this weekend I'll put on the stock cooler and re-test...

Attachments

Boldeagle

Relative to ATT it sounds like a memory leak, I would uninstall it using CCleaner (Reg Clean tool as well) and then reinstall it.

Have to agree with the latest Furmark do a 60s run and it will show highest GPU temp from that instant. With the H20 block is there any active fan towards the Video Card? Even via the HDD front inlet? Sometimes people get involved with water but ignore "overall system" cooling that can lead to later problems.

A pic of GPU-z while Furbench is running would show [email protected]% load and thus informative temps (inferences into surface contact potential, etc).

miggs78

Relative to ATT it sounds like a memory leak, I would uninstall it using CCleaner (Reg Clean tool as well) and then reinstall it.

Have to agree with the latest Furmark do a 60s run and it will show highest GPU temp from that instant. With the H20 block is there any active fan towards the Video Card? Even via the HDD front inlet? Sometimes people get involved with water but ignore "overall system" cooling that can lead to later problems.

A pic of GPU-z while Furbench is running would show [email protected]% load and thus informative temps (inferences into surface contact potential, etc).
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.. Yes I do have a 4 hdd holder in the 5 1/4" bays, I put the hard drives in the first 3 slots, which makes the air pass thru the bottom slot and hit the video card..

miggs78

Hey Bold I actually ran the stability test.. I ran it for 9hrs.. and it ran fine, with the stock heatsink the max temp was 72C (45% fan speed.. vacuum lol)..

Gonna try the benchmark next and some runs of 3dmark05..

Last edited: