What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Attempt #16 to get work failed, and no other work to do

Shadowmeph

Well after I I had this PC running over not I woke up to
Attempting to send results [December 27 15:20:06 UTC]
[15:20:06] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[15:20:06] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[15:20:06] (130.237.165.141:8080)
[15:20:06] + Retrying using alternative port
[15:20:06] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[15:20:06] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[15:20:06] (130.237.165.141:80)
[15:20:06] Could not transmit unit 01 to Collection server; keeping in queue.

first thing I did was went to the fah forums and searched around, and also checked server status for Folding@home to see if it was up and it appears to be , on my main pc Fah isn't having any troubles at all.

I tried every IPaddress I found inside the fah log (inside all my seperate PCs web browsers ) but It doesn't seem to connect .

After checking everything I could find I decided to reboot my Linux PC and the problem is still here not sure what is going on

MARSTG

you are folding under Linux? I had a similar problem these days, my GX2 was not folding at all while the GT240 next to it was folding fine. uninstalled the gpu fah tracker, system reboot, reinstall and working fine

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

Oh wow I can't believe I am so stupid sometimes, I followed the guide here Ubuntu Desktop Installation Guide for F@H - [H]ard|Forum
and in that guide it says to turn on the proxy ,which I did and totally forgot about it because in common sense I should have remembered this because it is pretty much the only thing that I have never done in any Linux( accept for ARCH Linux ) before.
Now after over 8 hrs of frustration and a couple of posts hear and one at the FAH forums my problem is solved

MARSTG

congrats man, you just got a bigadv yesterday, 260k in one shot!

Last edited: