What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Attention System Builders - Recommended List

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
@All. Can we just end the fight? If you don't like it, ignore it. If you just want a reference or something, then feel free to read the first post.

Let the mods and admins decide this...I don't want to start a fight or anything.
See, I ain't fighting yet... the only gripe I have relates to the fact that you want this "thread" stickied, based on someone else's personal opinion. Make your own, then we'll talk.

I'll let the mods decide.

oupavoc

See, I ain't fighting yet... the only gripe I have relates to the fact that you want this "thread" stickied, based on someone else's personal opinion. Make your own, then we'll talk.

He did give the credit to the appropriate person, he didn't take it for him self. And I think if should be stickied because it does have some useful information if your building a new rig.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Agreed, he did. But what's the point of proposing parts if it's not even his own opinion?

oksir

Banned
I'm the type who likes to update things AFTER everything's all good. In this case, I'll update the sig if the rig is mine and works. My sis and I still have to decide who's rig it is =.="

So i guess you should state that the computer is for your sister, since u opened a thread before stating that its for your sister, AND, opening another thread stating that you will be building the computer for your SISTER.

I think you should stop claiming things that does not belong to you; like the 2 thread, and your SISTER's rig.

geokilla

So i guess you should state that the computer is for your sister, since u opened a thread before stating that its for your sister, AND, opening another thread stating that you will be building the computer for your SISTER.

I think you should stop claiming things that does not belong to you; like the 2 thread, and your SISTER's rig.

For one, my mom said it can be mine as well. She changed her mind.

For two, I gave credit to modoheo from AnandTech. I'll repeat it again, if modoheo does not want this thread, I'll ask the mods or admins to delete it. I should've asked him first, but I realized that AFTER the thread was created.

Finally, can we stop this? I'm not gonna post anything in this thread that's related to this argument that was started.

Some may think I'm doing this for the points, but I don't care about the points. I just thought it'll be helpful to the community, hence the reason why I asked if it can be stickied. I'll let the mods/admins decide that.

modoheo

Hi all. I'm the original author of this thread over at anandtech. The person who reposted the content here notified me after he did so, and presumably after it was suggested he do so by some of you. While I'd prefer to be asked prior to someone reposting it, I don't really mind, though I obviously don't plan on keeping the post up to date over here.

The recommended parts in that list are based on technical specs, value/price, professional reviews, personal experience, user reviews from message boards and newegg, etc. A fair amount of thought has gone into it, though I've been very open to suggestions for improving the list and continue to be receptive to anyone who can make a compelling argument that a part be added or deleted, or wording changed.

It seems many people have found it helpful over on the anandtech boards. I wrote it after noticing that there seemed to be fairly close consensus on which parts provided the best performance/price ratios within certain price-ranges. Though I agree all users have somewhat different needs, most aren't unique and can be accommodated with a system comprised of components from the list. I've kept the post updated over the past few months at anandtech, including updates regarding the new nVidia and ATI GPU's, the P45 chipset, the VelociRaptor release, etc as they occurred.

The list was also prompted by the fact that many posters seemed to consistently ask the same questions and make the same "mistakes" on a daily basis, and this post was an effort to help remedy that. I hope it provides those who haven't kept up with recent hardware developments a basis from which they can then ask more concise and intelligent questions on the message board.

I'm not an Intel fanboy. I agree the AMD section could be more extensive, but it would likely lead to more confusion, and is not really necessary given the fact that Intel has a substantial lead over AMD in terms of chip performance and value at this point in time. Here's to hoping that changes - I love competition such as what exists in the GPU segment currently since it leads to such nice rapid price drops.

In short, consider this post a supplement to the excellent personalized advice you all provide, not a substitute.

geokilla

Thanks modoheo for the clear up. I'll keep the post up to date over here. I'll get around to changing the links to Canadian sites when possible.

I'm sorry for notifying your AFTER I posted it up. Should've asked first, then if you said it was fine, I would've posted it >.<.

Hope you can join the Hardware Canucks community as well as staying active over at AnandTech =)

oksir

Banned
For one, my mom said it can be mine as well. She changed her mind.

For two, I gave credit to modoheo from AnandTech. I'll repeat it again, if modoheo does not want this thread, I'll ask the mods or admins to delete it. I should've asked him first, but I realized that AFTER the thread was created.

Finally, can we stop this? I'm not gonna post anything in this thread that's related to this argument that was started.

Some may think I'm doing this for the points, but I don't care about the points. I just thought it'll be helpful to the community, hence the reason why I asked if it can be stickied. I'll let the mods/admins decide that.

apprently u posted in other thread stating that its YOURs now. just stop lieing dude.

Synth

No sticky.

And for the record, a lot of E7200s OC like crap (high VID / bad batches, check on XS) and run hot when OC'ed (IHS epoxied on instead of soldered, so the heat transfer is bad)...

Thank god I'm watercooled though... even though it SHOULDN'T be necessary with 45nm chips... :whistle:

geokilla

OP has been updated for September.

And for the record, my E7200 gets to 3.73Ghz with 1.4V in BIOS, 1.328V under OCCT load. Temps top out at 52C with my Vendetta 2.

Latest posts