What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ATX case with carrying handles and good thermals?

Zygorf72

Hi

Do you have any suggestions for a low cost case with carrying handles and good thermals, that can house a full size ATX motherboard and a graphics card 30,5 cm deep. The graphics card is a r9 390, which runs relatively hot. I often move my case and would like a case that is easier to handle. I don't care about glass panels or RGB lighting.

Bond007

Not aware of any off hand myself that tick all those boxes. There are quite a few choices for ITX/mATX, but handles on full size is less common. Any ATX ones I can think of are all more expensive ($200 ish).

Last edited:

justmehereajax

I bolted some handles I got off ebay for like $5 for two. China. I did it to three of my ATX cases. I bought the metal bolts off HD.

I think MNPC mods (I think that’s their name... the guy who mods pcs for a living) has some nice handles you can buy. He posts his mods in this forum sometimes and has a website where he sells parts for modding.

Izerous

Folding Team
You could always go witht he case you want and get strappy handles. I had some in the past wrapped around the case and gave you a carrying handle. Remove when unneeded then you don't need to compromise on other things.

Zygorf72

Thank you for your advice. The Cooler Master is a bit on the pricey side, but definately a nice option. Might be something, if I can't fine something cheaper. Mounting handles would also be a way to solve it, but I'm not sure I would be able to do it in a way, where it wouldn't harm the look of the case to me.

Bond007

Thank you for your advice. The Cooler Master is a bit on the pricey side, but definately a nice option. Might be something, if I can't fine something cheaper. Mounting handles would also be a way to solve it, but I'm not sure I would be able to do it in a way, where it wouldn't harm the look of the case to me.

Yeah, atx with handles is a dead case style. Everyone goes to smaller motherboards for portable cases.

JD

Staff member

Zygorf72

Hi. I ended up settling on the Cooler Master h500 case. It's a bit more pricy, than I had planned (a 100 euro), but looks nice, has great cooling and carrying handles. It fits the bill for me. Thanks again for your input and pointing me towards Cooler master...

sswilson

Staff member
Cool! Let us know how you make out. Not sure if I've seen any builds in one of those yet.

Latest posts