What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Audio Problem..

Alpine

I do have a audio problem with my onboard sound card on a gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 motherboard.
After a fresh install of Seven (i have sold my complete PC) with audio driver installed, i have no sound.
Driver look like install ok if i look at the hardware manager and the speakers are pluged but i have not sound. I have test thoses speakers on the PC next time and mine and everything is fine.

1 - Fresh install of Seven
2 - Drivers install ok.
3 - Speakers are ok.
4 - Drivers tested from gigabytes and realtek.

What should i do now ?

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
I know you've probably checked this because it's fairly obvious, but if there is sound manager packaged with the driver, make sure the sound is both turned on there, and in windows (little speaker icon on lower right of task bar). I only say this because I have done this before- scratching my head, not realizing that the sound was muted in the audio manager for the sound card.

Also might want to click on that sound icon on the toolbar, then click on the speaker icon and make sure the settings are right there- try changing some of the settings to see if that helps. That is not expert advice, I'm afraid, and you've probably tried these things. You might be stuck waiting until someone with more experience with onboard sound comes along.

Alpine

Thanks for the answer Babrbarossa, i have already done what you said. One thing i didn't mention, when i click on the icon of the sound on the toolbar, i've this msg '' No speakers of headphones are plugged in. ''.

After few test, i think that the onboard sound card is dead. I have maybe cause some domage while i was doing the switch from home to work. ;-( , but this is my opinion.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Does the rig have front connections where you could hook up the speakers? Maybe the back ports are dead, but not the sound card.

KaptCrunch

Azalia Codec in bios settings

<DIR>[FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow]Enables or disables the onboard audio function. (Default: Auto) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow]
</DIR>If you wish to install a 3rd party add-in audio card instead of using the onboard audio, set this item to [/FONT]
[/FONT]Disabled[FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow]. [/FONT]

i've seen some MB have a jumper for rear or front panel, sound output
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Twitter