What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

audio/video stutter issues

Mr. Friendly

dropping this issue here as I think it's software based. starting the end of last week, my audio and video would start to stutter across all browsers and app's. however, if I close my browsers and clear cache/history/cookies, they start working normally again.

I checked for audio and video updates and there was a video update for my HD630, but that hasn't cured the problem.

thoughts on what could be going on?

Izerous

I have had audio issues in the past bad enough to cause blue screens... if your video card has HDMI ports and your not using the audio out (ie TV) from those ports try disabling the video cards audio drivers. That immediately fixed the issues I was having, the video cards, onboard audio, and dedicated sound card were not getting along together.

Sagath

Staff member
I had an issue with chrome stuttering. Disable all addons, still did it.

Ended up moving to Firefox and it worked fine...I'd say check your addons and start from there

Shadowmeph

bandwidth problems with your Internet ? or is it the same site doing this. as suggested above if it is web browsers I would also turn off all the plugins and go from there .

Mr. Friendly

I literally use nothing...only plugin I have is for Webroot and the only extension I have is for Shockwave, but it's set to only operate when asked, however it was updated this month, so I've disabled it to see if that changes anything.

Mr. Friendly

bandwidth problems with your Internet ? or is it the same site doing this. as suggested above if it is web browsers I would also turn off all the plugins and go from there .

it's across all browsers and app's when whatever happens, happens. affects my Skype and Teams notifications, any YouTube videos, Spotify playback etc. but no lag/latency with the rest of the PC. everything responds as it should when jumping apps or cycling tabs.

won't be the internet...250Mb/s down and 20mb/s up.

Cptn Vortex

What are the chances you have the motherboard manufacturer's network optimization software installed? When I had a board with a KillerNIC, the software caused all kinds of issues. Same with Asus TurboLAN. That kind of enhancement only ever makes stuff worse...

Mr. Friendly

What are the chances you have the motherboard manufacturer's network optimization software installed? When I had a board with a KillerNIC, the software caused all kinds of issues. Same with Asus TurboLAN. That kind of enhancement only ever makes stuff worse...

doubtful, as when I clear my browser cache/history/cookies using Ccleaner, the issue disappears.

JD

Staff member
I recently picked up a Aquantia AQN-107 since I have got a ES-16-XG switch. Their software, while a bit ugly, seems to work fine actually. Definitely better than the Killer software on my AW laptop. It does seem to limit my overall speeds to about 860/650 instead of 940/750, but things generally load quicker than the onboard Intel i211/i218 NIC.

Highly subjective and could be totally placebo, but Destiny 2 seems to play better now too when in PvP activities. My KDR seems better on average.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter