What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AV Networking question....

mattydies

I am interested in removing antivirus software from my laptop (to help speed it up). I was thinking that if I did this, I could run my internet in to my faster desktop (with 2 antivirus programs installed as well as one or two of spyware programs) and then out to my router, and onto my laptop.

How safe would this be?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Matty

enaberif

I am interested in removing antivirus software from my laptop (to help speed it up). I was thinking that if I did this, I could run my internet in to my faster desktop (with 2 antivirus programs installed as well as one or two of spyware programs) and then out to my router, and onto my laptop.

How safe would this be?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Matty

Get rid of Norton and install Avast.

Don't bother with a firewall as you have the router.

mattydies

The computer came with Norton AV but the updates expired. I installed Anti-vir and uninstalled Norton. Anti-vir seems much to use far less resources than Norton :biggrin:

I think I could use more than 512 Ram, and it does not help that my desktop is FAR faster than my laptop. I will disable windows fire wall and perhaps one day I will do a fresh installed of Windows XP.

Thanks for the help guys.