What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

B/S/T member feedback subforum

bigFOIG

Ever since the site got hacked and the iTrader system went down, members became skeptical and were extra cautious before sending me payment, despite the fact that I had a boatload of positive feedback when iTrader worked. A member even created a thread asking the forum if it was safe to deal with me, and I received lots of positive comments (thanks everyone). It seems like to this day, my first time buyers are running into that thread and getting reassurance before dealing me. :thumb:

Why don't we create a subforum on the site dedicated to receiving feedback from other members? There were a few incidents on the site where things got ugly after iTrader stopped working where people (including me) were getting scammed by people who had no feedback.

Members who use the BST section can start a thread asking for feedback, and other members can post in those threads, saying "+1" or "positive". If another member has another positive experience, they can also post "+1", and then the grand total of feedback the other member has. In this case, they would say "2-0".

If a member wanted to look up a seller's feedback, all they would have to do is find their feedback thread, and look at the last comment in that thread. The last comment should contain the total number of feedback of the member because it was gradually added up each post. No need to actually count up every single post of feedback.

Perineum

A bit of a kludge, but it would work.

Mind you, everyone would just say to me that they made it with my mother......

sswilson

Staff member
What I've been suggesting is that purchasers give positive feedback in the original FS thread.

LoTech

Folding Team
I would agree something is needed that is easier to find and sort through. I being a new member have had personal issues with sending the $$ and not knowing the person. I have made 2 purchases from 2 of the most honest people I do not know. Their reassurances and straight forward approach to the sale made it a pleasure to complete. Having their phone numbers etc. and a link to personal emails with profiles also made the deal for me easier. I think something is needed to speed up the search for people and there track records. Not sure how you can do it. I have left feedback in both my cases, but those get lost in time and go down the thread. Some of these sellers have a long history here and a table of sorts with ratings would be an asset to the forum. Just my 2 cents.

jibz

I agree with the subform as opposed to a post in the fs thread.

if each trader has a thread that they can kindly request their trading partner leaves feedback in, it's in a sense itrader minus the feedback header in your bst posts.

I've traded with a couple new members recently whom could probably benifit from having some trader feedback.

Killswitch

What I have been doing is editing the first post in my FS thread to state what items have been sold with the buyers forum name. That way, anyone who is concerned about buying something from me can contact those buyers and ask about their transaction.

bigFOIG

What I've been suggesting is that purchasers give positive feedback in the original FS thread.

Problem with this is that feedback posts and bump posts would be mixed in the thread and would be a hassle to look through. Also, empty sale threads would be unnecessarily bumped when someone posts feedback. :\

LarkStarr

A feedback subforum would be MUCH more easily sorted by user, and much easier to dig through, IMO

Soullessone21

why not just start this in who knows off topic if it goes well maybe the admins will make us a section if its a bust then it just gets deleted and why not just make it a poll.

Positive
Neutral
Pissed the F off

that way no one needs to count just at the top of each forum members section it should be displayed. There has to be a way to make it display even if you haven't dealt with the person before and allow multiple replies.

Latest posts