What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Back in black.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
You guys remember this mess:

SA400141.jpg

My shot at passive watercooling. Well I've been running that for 6 months now, works great even on my new i7 rig (which runs cooler than my q6600@3890 did anyways). So I decided to clean it up a bit.

Started by mounting the rad on the back of my desk (painted it first). It hangs by the 2 thumbscrews up top.

SA400168.jpg

Got rid of the shockingly pink red dye, went with some black non-conductive:

SA400169.jpg

Did some rerouting of hoses and voila!

SA400171.jpg

Looks much better and is now semi portable, I can roll it around.

Bapadaboopy

Looks good. Kinda miss the pink though :( Is that rad safe hanging by two thumb screws? I'd be awfuly nervous having that hannging. Also, do you kick your pc a lot? It looks like its in a good region :p

ImmaPC

What kind of temps do you get with that gynormous rad? I bet it would be better if you put a few big ol' 120 or 150mm fans, or see if you can order 4 230mm fans and tape them to the thing, imagine the temps!

enaberif

What kind of temps do you get with that gynormous rad? I bet it would be better if you put a few big ol' 120 or 150mm fans, or see if you can order 4 230mm fans and tape them to the thing, imagine the temps!

Its passive.

You get the same basic temps running a small radiator with fans as you would with a large radiator and no fans.

WolfBane

lol get ya a 120 to 12 volt converter , go buy a electric fan for a small car install on rad and see what that does ? lol and if you wanted to you could run a t-stat inline to start the fan at a desired temp:) lol

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
This system is as near to silent as you can get. Hard drives are in silent enclosures. Gentle hum from the pump. Really the lights are the only way you can tell its on. Temps are the same as when my 2x120 rad was going full fan speed.

It's friggin glorious. FEAR2 really scares the crap outta you when your room is silent and all the little ambient noises are there.

How can some of you guys even hear your sound with your 11 fan turbine up on the desk beside you with the side off? I never got that, nor do I get the way some of you ooooo and ahhhh over yate loons or noctua or whatever $8 plastic piece of chinese crap fan is in. I hate noise and I hate fans because fans make noise.

/end rant

cadaveca

Banned
:ph34r:I can handle the noise becuase I don't like parts of my system hitting 90c+(mosfets/chipset/back of mobo). :ph34r:

6x120mm fans going full bore, plus 80mm fan blowing on back of mobo means no part of my system tops 50c...:punk:

But YES YES I crave silence...almost considered running stock speeds to get it...but that didn't last long...:whistle:

Nice job, BTW:thumb:

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
The black feser is uv reactive, turns kinda purple. Like I said, without the lights I can't tell its on.

Latest posts