What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Baldur's Gate 3

lowfat

Staff member
Opening cinematic is straight up ridiculous.

Some gameplay

CLIFFS: Plays a lot like Divinity Original Sin 2 but w/ DnD mechanics, story, etc. All dialogue is cutscenes, character models look awesome. But still no voiced main character. Although this may change closer to release. It is still definitely pre-alpha. So things can definitely change.

Entz

Yes it looks great so far. Keeping an eye on where it ends up but I am looking forward to it .

Lysrin

Lots of good memories from playing the originals (ah Minsc and Boo 😁 ). I'm certainly rooting for this one to be good.

FreeKnight

I'm hoping it really captures that epic feel that BGII and TOB had. I play through them once every 2-3 years and it's not the combat that keeps me coming back it's the heavy 'Becoming a god' plot, excellent villains like Irenicus and my NPC side pals (something Bioware improved on greatly with Mass Effect).

The Illithids are a great monster, but will they be a great villain for the story? It can be done, but not sure they'll reach the height of say Irenicus or Kreia.

Either way I'm still looking forward to how it turns out.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Man. I didn't even know this was a thing!!!
After all these years I'm sure it's not the same studio, developers, or writers so I am very cautiously optimistic (this is like creating a new back to the future for example, just...no) but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

My greatest crowning achievement in BG2 was beating the game with a solo party; a mage. Of course this was back when I was a teenager and had oodles of free time 🤣

Lysrin

Well, it's not the same studio for sure, it's Larian and that is the same studio as Divinity Original Sin right?

But wowy! That cinematic is all kinds of awesome! Epic feeling for sure. And it's in 21:9! :)

What race is the prisoner warrior girl and the dragon riders though...? Doesn't quite look Elf or Halfling. Something new? He says it at the beginning of the game play video, but I can't catch it.

lowfat

Staff member
Well, it's not the same studio for sure, it's Larian and that is the same studio as Divinity Original Sin right?
Yes Larian

What race is the prisoner warrior girl and the dragon riders though...? Doesn't quite look Elf or Halfling. Something new? He says it at the beginning of the game play video, but I can't catch it.
This one?

Arinoth

Staff member
Hmm this may kick me in the ass to play the first two games before this one comes out, if that is something I should still do (having never played any of the games in the series for some reason).

Latest posts

Twitter