What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Battlefield 2042... what the...?!

Lysrin

I dunno, maybe I'm getting too old but over 100k likes for this reveal trailer?! I'm beginning to think there's little hope for us getting good games anymore if this is what people want. Clearly only my opinion but this just looks like a pile of utter nonsense to me. Like a bad action movie gone even worse...

anabioz

This looks like Fast and Furious with guns. There is so much violence in the trailer itself - makes a human life worthless. The message that I got from it - "Engaging in war in style, here are your choices..."

Holy sh*t, what path are we taking with these. Remember games where you had to have MINIMUM casualties? Syphon Filter, Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, etc.

I look at this and it makes me sad, in lieu of the recent events in Canada - we are sending the wrong message to the new generation... Human life should be cherished and protected at all costs and we should all help each other regardless of race and heritage.

Bottom line, I do agree - this looks pretty awful, from all angles that I look at this...

My rant is over, this bothers me. /done.

JD

Staff member
Gameplay trailer drops in about an hour, this was just the "shiny" trailer, maybe a cut scene from the campaign.

gingerbee

Looks like a war game I don't see any difference from any other war game high-light trailer.

The bigger issues are if a child doesn't understand that it's not real it's a video game then you have much bigger problems on your hands with that child, because they're out of touch with reality, like the 12 and 14-year-old in a shoot out with police, cause I don't think a single game played a role in there already fucked up lives that pushed them over the edge.

So sneaking around to kill people is ok but this is not. games/movies don't produce violent children, bad parents/bad environments/mental problems/ and in general shit people.

I won't judge a game from a high-light reel, I will wait for its release and if it's shit then it's shit.

anabioz

Looks like a war game I don't see any difference from any other war game high-light trailer.

The bigger issues are if a child doesn't understand that it's not real it's a video game then you have much bigger problems on your hands with that child, because they're out of touch with reality, like the 12 and 14-year-old in a shoot out with police, cause I don't think a single game played a role in there already fucked up lives that pushed them over the edge.

So sneaking around to kill people is ok but this is not. games/movies don't produce violent children, bad parents/bad environments/mental problems/ and in general shit people.

I won't judge a game from a high-light reel, I will wait for its release and if it's shit then it's shit.

I don't condone violence in general. You are spot on, kids should only be exposed to age appropriate content, especially when it comes down to violent games, hence the game rating system exists today.

By no means am I saying violent games as those mentioned earlier are OK for kids to play - they are NOT.

Making sure we have the technology and capability on our hands to protect our children from seeing content they should not, is key in our age of times.

gingerbee

the problem with the rating system is that it's not enforced at all from what I have seen, I personally wouldn't care if a 16-year-old played that game but I would have a problem with a 10-year-old playing it. I think they need to get serious about enforcing the rating system

GeezerGamer

Valid points have been made re kids and what not......But this 56 year old kid is so looking forward to this installment in the franchise!
Linked below, the Official gameplay trailer released earlier, oh the possibilities of play styles......woot!

JD

Staff member
Gameplay looks great, brought back the fond memories I have of the Battlefield series. I smiled when I saw that ATV with C4 fly off the rooftop and blew up the chopper :cool:

Latest posts

Twitter