What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Battlefield 2042... what the...?!

gingerbee

see that's kinda my point loads of us like these games cause there based on real weapons most of the time but that's where the realism ends pretty much I think.

GeezerGamer

Question though, what is the deal with the big tornado though? Is that a recurring thing in the games?

I've got some thoughts on that tornado. It's being used to put a point on extreme weather that is getting worse and worse via climate change so there's that!
I'm thinking the tornadoes main point is just to throw a wrench in the works during a pitched battle? Just when your squad is entrenched in place and kicking ass, in sweeps a tornado and scatters players forcing them to regroup and recover from the chaos????

$.02

Mr. Friendly

the team / squad mechanics would be most interesting with that many players. by mechanics I don't mean what the game allows, but more how the teams / squads work together on the map to achieve their objectives.

that was one of my favorite things with BF2.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Battlefield V has weather events as well, just not as massive as those shown on the trailer. And Battlefield games have been squad focused as far back as I remember, to the point that you are automatically put into a squad when you join a MP game in BFV. None of the BF games are truly realistic, it's all about better gameplay. That's fine by me.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Very few people actually wants war realism. They want arcade war sims.

Why? Getting shot with a bullet fucks you all the way up, not a little bit. A lot. That doesnt make for very interactive gameplay.

If you want to see something close to realistic, go play ARMA3 and see what you think. Its a very different word then BF.

belgolas

So far I am not that excited. I hope this is a good game but I don't care about that tornado and hope it can be disabled. It will be fun and interesting the first time but after that it will get frustrating and annoying. 128 players is something I have been hoping for for a long time. There will be 64 player modes as well. I don't care that it doesn't have singleplayer but I do like they are bringing back bots.

I am not liking the whole pay $80 and then buy a battle pass every 3 months monetization they are going with. I am not sure if I will like the operators either as I like BF games where everyone is on the same level and I would hate it to face players that have OP operators.

Latest posts

Twitter