What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Battlefield 3

headsh0t

Let me be the first to start this epic thread. EA will officially be announcing Battlefield 3, at GDC 2011 in March. Battlefield 3 Unveiling at GDC 2011 - Xbox 360 News at IGN

I was also reading this, which is a bit old, but it looks like BF3 will not be supporting WinXP/DX9 and will be 64-bit oriented. Although, since it's being made for consoles I'm sure there will be some way around that. Here's to hoping they put all the good stuff they took away from BF2 like, 64 players, huge maps and the "Commander" position.

Hopefully they announce something about the beta at GDC. Now I'm wishing I had bought the MoH collector's edition! haha.

Check out EnterBF3 for the most recent Battlefield 3 updates.

Last edited:

writhen

I'm guessing this time we'll see a bit more vehicle oriented gameplay vs. infantry oriented. Not that I dislike BC2, just the opposite I love it, but I do miss the original.:whistle:

Nostril

The one thing I didn't really like about BC2 was the engine. Movement seemed a bit slower and clunkier compared to older battlefields. I'd love to see 64 player support, but what's more important for me is more infantry oriented maps, bringing back the commo rose, the commander position, and actual squad leads.
And for my sanity, bring back prone.
:haha:

Polygon

Screw prone... I hate seal sliders. Can't wait for this epic game :D

I have Battlefield 2, BC2, and BC2: Veitnam. I think it's my favorite modern FPS to play.

Sleal

I too am eagerly awaiting BF3...

Watch out thought that they don't try to do too much and "over-do" the game like some franchises tend to do *ahem* black ops *ahem*

writhen

The COD franchise was never as good as the BF franchise, and it completely failed with the release of the original MW IMHO.

Chromey

Now if they would only drop consol support The game would be epic...Screw Microsoft and Sony, Leave FPS to the real gamers

audirs

didnt they say that BF3 for pc will not be consolized and wont be ported over. the PC version will specifically be for PC and not be lacking in any area because of console porting? thought i read that somewhere

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter