What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Battlefield 3

G

Wait, does that mean the beta is closed?
I didn't even get to try it as I just downloaded it this morning before leaving for work.
What a waste of bandwidth if that's the case. :angry2:
No just they are shutting down the Caspian (conquest) servers.
You can still play Metro.

dustin1706

Looks like they still have a lot of bugs to work out as I experienced many, but it's not nearly as bad as the last MoH beta lol. My single 580 classified seems to run 40-45 FPS on ultra, dipping down to 35 in heavy smoke and fire.

Arinoth

Staff member
Well I still can't get rid of the damn window mode, i can maximize it full screen and even in the settings put it to full screen but i still get the damn windowed mode.

Also, it seems BF3 is unable to load my second card as the loading % is all over the damn place. Tested with other games and they load properly. Hurray for either bad driver patch for the game or glitchy beta

Last edited:

Skyllz

Looks nice and is definitely playable on a GTX460, that being said, i'm not sure about the game itself, i'm far from being sold yet.

techman95

so i was trying to join a game on metro like 2 minutes ago but i kept getting the message " server is changing map " so me thinks they're either putting in a new map, or putting conquest in metro. but thats just a guess:ph34r:

Nexitus

The server you are trying to join is probably ending the round and beginning a new one, just choose another one from the browser is fastest way in getting to play.

Prolab

Well I still can't get rid of the damn window mode, i can maximize it full screen and even in the settings put it to full screen but i still get the damn windowed mode.

Also, it seems BF3 is unable to load my second card as the loading % is all over the damn place. Tested with other games and they load properly. Hurray for either bad driver patch for the game or glitchy beta

Im still using CCC 11.9 and under Open Hardware, i see my 6970 on load. But my 6950 is doing most of the work.

Does that mean, its not utilizing the second car fully? Or in X-fire, both cards should have the same load? :whistle:

Pressing Alt + Enter for me works to full screen. Although whenever it changes map and its loading - it keeps reverting back to window mode. Annoying but i just press Alt + Enter and it goes to full window mode.

BTW, how come i can't bind my left cntrl for prone?? Its weird to press Z and it doesnt feel natural for me :angry2: .

CMetaphor

Quadfather
No problems with the beta thus far here. Running 11.10 on a 6970.
I'm loving the "in browser" launching of the game actually, lets me do other things while the game loads up without alt-tabbing or using a second PC.
As for the gameplay itself, quite awesome indeed!

Now... Let me just test the limits of Frostbyte 2.0 and ill let you know how the rest of the nerd-gasm goes.