What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Battlefield 3

Keywork

Annnddddd the EA origin site is down.....wonderful....

For those of us that pre-ordered from other retailers (ie D2D, etc), are we still able to play the open Beta that opens today?

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
My emails with EA's PR team are interesting. Seems the Origin servers are being hammered with over 10 million users, most of which are trying to download the same game...

Skyllz

My emails with EA's PR team are interesting. Seems the Origin servers are being hammered with over 10 million users, most of which are trying to download the same game...

ahem... can you say SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Good for them. Succesfull games are always good for the market.

headsh0t

Finally was able to connect and start DL'ing. Now I won't have to wait when I'm off work, provided the servers aren't all full and getting slammed. SEE YOU ON THE BATTLEFIELD.

Arinoth

Staff member
Finally was able to connect and start DL'ing. Now I won't have to wait when I'm off work, provided the servers aren't all full and getting slammed. SEE YOU ON THE BATTLEFIELD.

Same here, got Team Viewer remoted into my server which is downloading it as we speak.

Dammit, tonight's laundry night, guess i wont be playing this till much later in the evening

JD

Staff member
Installed as of 12:30PM EST. Downloaded at a solid 2.2MB/s :biggrin:

Didn't have a chance to play though since I had to head off to school. One thing I don't like so far is that you have to launch the game from your web browser, can't just open the game directly. Kind of strange...

G

Installed as of 12:30PM EST. Downloaded at a solid 2.2MB/s :biggrin:

Didn't have a chance to play though since I had to head off to school. One thing I don't like so far is that you have to launch the game from your web browser, can't just open the game directly. Kind of strange...
I hated this in alpha but liking it in beta, I can have battelog up , find a game and ppl I want to play with, form a squad and still be surfing while I do.

God I hate the in game GFX setting, who the frak thought it would be a good idea to have you change your settings in game......I mean in the frakking server.

So I join, then spawn, hit esc, adjusting my video settings and blam killed....... respawn move to a bush, hit esc, in my video settings....bam killed.
Tell me this is a good idea.:doh:

headsh0t

I hated this in alpha but liking it in beta, I can have battelog up , find a game and ppl I want to play with, form a squad and still be surfing while I do.

God I hate the in game GFX setting, who the frak thought it would be a good idea to have you change your settings in game......I mean in the frakking server.

So I join, then spawn, hit esc, adjusting my video settings and blam killed....... respawn move to a bush, hit esc, in my video settings....bam killed.
Tell me this is a good idea.:doh:

Yea that's annoying. Hopefully they implement a graphic options menu in Battlelog for full release.

BrianHanna

Is the flickering on the screen an ati problem? or a me problem? Other than some slight flickering in outside enviros, the game looks great.

Womper

Is the flickering on the screen an ati problem? or a me problem? Other than some slight flickering in outside enviros, the game looks great.

I have an HIS 6970 and im getting the same issue. Updated all my drivers, etc. Same issue.

Latest posts