What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Battlefield 4

GT7R

You're kidding right? The beta ran pretty well on Ultra with my 770 at 1200p. So, a 780 should knock the socks off it, even at 1600p.

The beta had a lot of graphic details and features missing compared to the full game. Same as was with BF3 Beta, the 5850 I've had ran it smoothly but was crushed to it's knees with the full game (and made me upgrade to a 580). Looks like it'll be the same with BF4 but to a lesser extent.

Last edited:

great_big_abyss

Your i5 processors may in this case be causing bottlenecks, too.

I know my 3770K was running at least 60% capacity, so it's making pretty good use of more than 4 threads.

It's going to be interesting to see 8350 vs 3570K benchmarks with this game. If somebody is building a BF4 specific machine (I would be if I didn't already have one) and didn't want to splurge on a 3770K, maybe an 8350 would end up being the best choice over a 3570K.

We'll know in a week what kind of hardware is required anyway. My goal is to run it at Ultra, 1200P, @ 60fps. I was getting 75fps in BF3, and I can't honestly see BF4 dipping below 50fps with my hardware.

Ravenor

I never really benched my system but i know that when the Beta started it was choppy. After I installed the updated driver for my GTX670 things defiantly became smoother and game play was much better. I will have to OC my system again to see if I get any tangible differences. I do see a difference with 16GB of ram though.

implosion222

For anyone that has the digital edition you can pre install right now. It's a 24gb download so anyone with a slower internet connection I'd suggest starting it asap. The game will be available to play Monday at Midnight Eastern time or for some of us that are in the western provinces a bit earlier.

Bungwirez

Pre-loaded and waiting.

you guys know if anyones got servers rolling in GTA?
I would be partial to playing on one that I know the admin since I won't be running my own this time round.

JD

Staff member
Origin has emailed me and the popups from Origin also claim preload now, but apparently I cannot until 6AM tomorrow. Very misleading! Guess they're are doing a rather staggered rollout?

And you guys get to play starting tomorrow? Mine says October 30th at 7PM.

I'm so confused...and yes I preordered the Digital Deluxe version way back in March.

Latest posts

Twitter