What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Behemoth with GX2s...

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Well, its not all smooth sailing with Behemoth it seems. After trying both cards i got from marcusfox i still can't get any nvidia driver to install for Behemoth. I tried both cards individually in both Server2008R2 (Windows 7 based, used Win7x64 drivers) and Server2008 (Vista based, used vistax64 drivers) with no luck. "Cannot find compatible hardware" or something like that.

Assistance please? lol. Googling for help with server OS' using gaming graphics seems pointless... :sad:

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Update!

The problem is not the OS, nor is it the GX2s (to both my and marcusfox's relief im sure, lol). It seems as if Behemoths new Tyan board can't assign an IRQ to the PCI-bridge that onboard any dual card. To test this, i tried my GTX295 in the behemoth, with the same results:

-At the post screen there is a warning about "IRQ not configured for pci-bridge" (something like that)
-In windows no graphics cards are detected in the device manager.

:sad: Bleh... looks like ill be giving Tyan a call tomorrow.

Arinoth

Staff member
Good luck with the troubleshooting, it seems most the problems you have stem from that board/manufacturer of the board. Glad to hear its not the GPUs themselves though

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Really? you prefer the $1k motherboard to be defective over the $400 graphics cards? shame on you! lol. Still though, i dont think its really a "defect" in the board, i just don't think anyone's ever tried putting GX2s in a server board like this (correct me if im wrong though).

EDIT:
An unknown pci-to-pci appears way down in the device manager list as well. probably related, but no driver will install for it (bios-level irq issue still i think).

Arinoth

Staff member
Huh... either i didn't realize or i had forgotten the motherboard was a grand, my bad then. I guess the most preferable result is having a system with no hardware issues

Latest posts