What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Beige / Brown (Noctua) RTX 3070 anyone?

lowfat

Staff member
This is really interesting and it amounts to pretty much cutting the perceived noise from the GPU in half, i.e. close to a 10 dB reduction.
I think he could have done better too. If the shroud was a tad shorter so it didn't cover the edges of the heatsink should net a solid improvement.

That was very cool! Wow. 3D printing and some design skills... what can't you do?! Promising for the real thing too.

Watch some of his other vids. His fan showdown series is super fun. This one was awesome.

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
This is really interesting and it amounts to pretty much cutting the perceived noise from the GPU in half, i.e. close to a 10 dB reduction.

I think he could have done better too. If the shroud was a tad shorter so it didn't cover the edges of the heatsink should net a solid improvement.

I looked closely at some stills and it looks like it would require a baffle that fits under the metal frame to strategically force the airflow through the fins, block it from exiting in some places, ( like the ends of the card,) while still allowing sufficient exit area and cooling board components. That should improve cooling somewhat. Of course that fan design requires some strategic case fan implementation also.

It's still impressive that he maintained the same cooling for half the noise by just mounting the Noctua fans to the frame with the mounting plate and shroud.

The shroud may actually be hindering somewhat by slightly tripping smooth flow into the fans....and the fans could be sealed to the mounting plate properly and......

...Okay, enough editing.

Last edited:

Lysrin

Yup, sure. I'll take one :D It would be interesting to see if they make a black version to go with the CPU cooler he was using there. As he said, there would likely be even more interest in a blacked out version.

We might have talked about this, but has there been any indication of how plentiful these cards will be? Or is this a very limited run thing?

Latest posts

Twitter