What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BenQ XL2420TX Display Problems

LegendofJubei

Hello, recently purchased this new monitor and seem to be having some major major display issues. I updated all drivers and am using the cable DVI-D link cable supplied with the monitor. Having all sorts of graphical anomalies in games such as strange shimmering on textures, textures with weird colors or colors missing. Sometimes half the screen will display a fuzzy interference like image while the other half is fine. No idea what the issue could be...any suggestions?

BigPhatPaulie

Bad cable? bad panel? thats all i can think of... or the display output your using on your card is going

LegendofJubei

Tried two different cables and had the same results. Tried HDMI port, same deal. My old monitor works fine for my video cards.

Not even sure I can say it's a faulty panel. It works fine in windows and my game looks fine but for whatever reason, say on BF3, on the loading screen between levels or when my character dies, half the screen will turn into a static fuzz and the other half will look fine. It literally separate the monitor right down the vertical middle. Have never seen this issue before. Does this with or without SLI enabled. Have tried all display ports on my video cards and same issue occurs.

LegendofJubei

Good idea, going to try that in a few minutes...

Here's what the problem looks like...

Image 1: Looks normal

Image 2: Screen divided half normal half terrible

Image 3: Same as image 2.

Image 4: Normal

Image 5: Hardware Canucks forums showing same problem.

It also appears to randomly happen while in windows just browsing folders. It will come on and then turn off randomly on its own :(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 994
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 872
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,186
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 887

LegendofJubei

Didn't even make it to the friends computer...panel displays the same problem when it's unplugged from PC but powered on.

Faulty panel?

BigPhatPaulie

Damn must be then..... Have you checked to see if its common with that monitor or was a bad batch?

LegendofJubei

Tried to read every review possible before buying and all seemed clear. I did read that there were some problems with the IR emitter requiring the monitor to be unplugged, plugged back in to fix that issue but this seems unrelated.

Packed everything back in the box and hoping I will be able to exchange it for the same kind of monitor or maybe upgrade to something different.

Thanks for your help :)

Latest posts