What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Best 11th gen cpu

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I had to look up the word "Semantics" .........I admit it....:unsure:
Yep. "Semantics is the study of the relationship between words and how we draw meaning from those words. People can absolutely interpret words differently and draw different meanings from them."

I say junk one way (the chip is not good value/overpriced for performance), he interprets the word differently ("its not actually junk as in poor performing or worthy of the trash bin"). Both are equally valid.

crazyea

I think disappointing is probably a better term. The cpu is still very good. It’s just not worthy of the i9 name.

I personally canceled my plans to get one and instead bought a 10900k since they were so cheap around the 11900k release.

rjbarker

Have this sitting in my Cart....just not sure Im ready to replace the MXI E 9900K....guess Im just bored as I've reached the limits OC'ing my 9900K (a long time ago)...and somewhat thinking that perhaps Alder Lake may not be all that great (Oc'ing)...expensive DDR5 and a fair ways away yet....

Really tempted as the Apex Board is decent price (always wanted to try this Board out OC'ing......see if I can get 10/20 all running at 5.1 - 5.2 Ghz maybe...the RAM is pricey but 4266 kit and on the compatibility list for Apex

Lysrin

Have this sitting in my Cart....just not sure Im ready to replace the MXI E 9900K....guess Im just bored as I've reached the limits OC'ing my 9900K (a long time ago)...and somewhat thinking that perhaps Alder Lake may not be all that great (Oc'ing)...expensive DDR5 and a fair ways away yet....

Really tempted as the Apex Board is decent price (always wanted to try this Board out OC'ing......see if I can get 10/20 all running at 5.1 - 5.2 Ghz maybe...the RAM is pricey but 4266 kit and on the compatibility list for Apex

I've had several things sitting in my cart only to remove them later... lol

crazyea

I had 5950x and Dark Hero in my cart, but I bailed due to the gpu shortage. Then I went back and forth in my mind until they were sold out online.

rjbarker

I think disappointing is probably a better term. The cpu is still very good. It’s just not worthy of the i9 name.

I personally canceled my plans to get one and instead bought a 10900k since they were so cheap around the 11900k release.

I had 5950x and Dark Hero in my cart, but I bailed due to the gpu shortage. Then I went back and forth in my mind until they were sold out online.

Yep.......I'll probably wind up doing the same thing...I know the 10900k was there then gone...then there again...the Apex Board wont last long I don't think.

Lysrin

That Dark Hero and 5900X, $1,300 plus tax. Ugh... Is PCI-E 4.0 back-compatible with a PCI-E 3.0 NVMe drive?

Oops, just dawned on me (again) that this is supposed to be an Intel thread lol

Latest posts