What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Best 939 board there ever was?

chibi_man

I was a little late in the game and never spent much attention in the last few years on the progress of boards and CPU's.

So i've been trying to do my homework and asking my own personal computer adviser. What 939 Board was simply the best there was? It had been suggested by a buddy of mine that the DFI LanParty NF4 SLI DR was the board of choice during the s939 era.

Agree, Disagree... that what this is all about
What would you suggest?

Amon

I don't know much about DFI, but the Asus A8N-SLI SE Deluxe deserves kudos for being so popular while packed with some good functionality for its price. Good overall balance.

ebdoradz

im running a DFI L-P nf4 ultra-D mod to SLI-d, and of the 8-9 939 mobo i have play with, its on of the most solid board ive seen for OC and performance

Asus are good too, but i didnt find them as solid has the DFI is on OC.

Mars

DFI boards were solid, I'm stilling running an Ultra-D modded to SLI as well.

The LanPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Venus boards were superb, all the good features from the rest of the DFI S939 boards, came out near the end of the S939 life though, and was a limited edition production run.

chibi_man

DFI seems to be widely flexible and adjustable to do a whole lot. Asus has been up there for sure. I'm starting to think about buying a DFI just because of it's great record.

AkG

For tweak-ability it was hard to beat DFI experts. But those nasty 'lil fan on them were horrible. Never could understand how "mag lev technology" could be so badly implemented. For a little less OCing headroom it was hard to beat the Asus deluxe a8n32. The heatpipe tech was eons better than the competitors. YMMV but quiet trumps a few extra mhz.

chibi_man

The ASUS Deluxe A8N 32 is a real nice board. DFI is still taking the gold in my eyes though... however I do like Asus using heat pipe technology on there boards.

sswilson

Staff member
Yep, ultra-d gets the vote in my eyes. Never bothered to mod mine to SLI, but it was nice to know that it was an option if I decided to go that route.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
DFI Lanparty SLI DR Expert. Hands down THE best DFI and s939 board made.

Latest posts

Twitter